There is no reading for today (and you do not need to submit questions). However, you may be interested in some of the articles mentioned in the slides/videos, linked below.
- Bellafiore, 2018, “Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2018 Update,” Tax Foundation
- Huseman, 2017, “Filing Taxes Could Be Free and Simple. But H&R Block and Intuit Are Still Lobbying Against It,” Pro Publica
- Michell, 2018, “Government Privilege: Using and Abusing the Tax Code,” Mercatus Center: The Bridge
- Myers, 2019, “Amazon will pay $0 in taxes on $11,200,000,000 in profit for 2018,” Yahoo Finance
- Nocera, 2019, “The Golden Age of Hollywood Tax Avoidance,” Bloomberg Opinion
- Rubin, 2019, “Democrats’ Emerging Tax Idea: Look Beyond Income, Target Wealth,” Wall Street Journal
Below, you can find the slides in two formats. Clicking the image will bring you to the html version of the slides in a new tab. Note while in going through the slides, you can type h to see a special list of viewing options, and type o for an outline view of all the slides.
The lower button will allow you to download a PDF version of the slides. I suggest printing the slides beforehand and using them to take additional notes in class (not everything is in the slides)!